Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
On the fencing front the welder has given up the ghost so we lost some time trying to get it sparking. Eventually we decided to put out some steels and knock them in. We spent a long time on the long run in the 180 and should finish puting them out tomorrow.
Monday, July 30, 2007
A quiet day on all fronts. There was no movement of sheep and Mick had the afternoon off after checking the sheep.
- the wethers went into the Timber paddock
- The small mob went back into the 180. They look very good with lots of lambs and are in good condition.
- Patrick fed the Contour paddock as we are concerned with the number of lambs dying there.
- The other mobs are looking good.
- Mick laid out the steels in the 180 and with Patrick, stays on to two posts. The welder is playing up and we fear we may need new leads!!
- A cool day but the wseather is much warmer than a few weeks ago (4 overnight).
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Dan left today so we will be a bit slower without him.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Bloke says "Hi!!"
The sheep are doing well. The waether was much warmer only 3 overnight and about 17 today and sunny all day.
We lost no ewes overnight!! A few lambs lost in the 180 but not too bad. there are lots of new lambs with many twins!!
Patch fed the contour mob and the large mob which are now all in the two Junee paddocks,bar a few slow ones. Mick was able to empty the Barley while Patch used the feeder bin. All the others look pretty good and there were no real problems.
Patch moved the ewes from the First showground.
On the fencing front we did well!
You can see Danlooking back at the Long Paddock North fence all laid out before being tied off (we finished it about 5.30)
We also managed to finish the south side of the Hay Paddock and the other side only needs to be tied up. We will try to give it a nudge tomorrow before Dan goes and Patch and I will be busy on Friday with the sheep.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
- moved the Cooma mob into the lucerne paddock (only left a couple of new lambs and mothers behind) will move them on tomorrow.
- We took the sprayer pump to town to be fixed.
- Stuart came out and took the tractor tyre in to repair it.
- John, Dan and I spread some hay.
- John and I checked the other mobs.
- In the afternoon Patrick, Dan and Mick did the strainers and laid out the steels while John sprayed the paddock he needed to finish off.
- Lil, Bloke, Matty, Woodstock and Humphrey helped or hindered as required while Daisy and Nonny were house dogs!!